Sugar Land Texas Expunction Lawyer
As a former Texas judge and experienced expunction attorney in Fort Bend County, I understand the inner workings of the criminal justice system and can help you file a petition for expunction. When clients retain our legal services, we immediately begin work on their case and offer a variety of options for obtaining an expunction order or a petition for non-disclosure seal.
Having criminal charges on your record can make your life difficult in a number of different ways.
- It can hinder you from attaining a lease on an apartment.
- It can make employers apprehensive about hiring you.
- It can cause you to be denied admission into the schools and colleges of your choice.
There’s no reason to be deprived of opportunities when you have the right to clean your criminal records through legal expunction.
The David Hunter Law Firm provides extensive criminal defense for clients charged and arrested for crimes in the Fort Bend County, Sugar Land, Texas areas, and who are seeking expunction of their criminal records.
Find Out if You Qualify for Expunction of Your Criminal Records
Expunging your criminal records in Texas is a time consuming process that should not be done without a knowledgeable expunction attorney by your side. Only certain criminal offenses can be expunged for defendants. The circumstances that often qualify a person for expunction include:
- A “Not-Guilty” verdict after a trial hearing
- Being acquitted by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Having a conviction that is pardoned by the Governor
- Completing a deferred adjudication for a Class C misdemeanor
Some criminal offenses require a 5 year waiting period before a petition for expunction can be filed. Other types of crimes may only be eligible for “sealing”, or non-disclosure to the public. Find out which one you are eligible for, so you can begin a new life without a criminal past.
Contact Expunction Attorney David Hunter Today
Expunction Attorney | The David Hunter Law Firm