Sugar Land Criminal Defense Lawyer, David Hunter
Attorney Profile: David Hunter, Sugar Land Criminal Defense Lawyer – During his time as a Texas judge, David saw many strong criminal defense efforts as well as many weak ones. He saw how prosecutors put together a case and how smart and knowledgeable lawyers can undermine the prosecution’s assertions.
David Hunter is a member and former president of both the Fort Bend Bar Association and the Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Bar Association. He is also the former general counsel of the Fort Bend Republican Party. He serves on the board of directors of Front Line Ministries and is the former chairman of Fort Bend Meals on Wheels. David is active in his church.
David Hunter will build a strong, aggressive, and effective defense for you.
As a former judge Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney, he understands how the prosecution works, what tactics the police use, and where common mistakes are made that might help your case.
Criminal Attorney in Sugar Land
David Hunter is dedicated to vigorously defending his clients. He prides himself in his commitment to each client’s case and to providing each client with an aggressive and strong defense.
He has authored numerous articles on criminal defense law and other legal topics, and has taught many courses at area colleges. His dedication to the community is evident by his many present and past positions on the Boards of several charitable, religious, and civic organizations.
Mr. Hunter fully commits to the pursuit of justice with each and every case he handles. His clients benefit by retaining a criminal attorney in Sugar Land that thoroughly understands the justice system and takes the time to fully comprehend their legal problems. David’s extensive experience as a trial lawyer and Texas Judge have given him a unique perspective on the Texas criminal justice system that allows him to provide a top-notch defense to each and every client.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1989
Honors: Dean’s List, SBA President’s Award
- M.S., University of Houston Systems, 1990
- M.B.A., University of Houston, 1988
- B.S., University of Houston, 1985
- State Bar of Texas, 1990
- Where There’s a “Will” It’s Your Way
- Practical Will Drafting Considerations for the Terminally Ill
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the Open Meetings Act as it Pertains to Personal Issues, 14th Local Government Seminar
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning the Open Meetings Act, Texas District and County Attorneys Association Annual Seminar, 2001
- Practical Tips for Representing Commissioners Court and Other Elected Officials, Texas District and County Attorneys Association Civil Conference, 2002
- Commissioners Court Authority, Texas District and County Attorneys Association Annual Seminar, 2002
- Nondisclosure of Criminal Records, Criminal Defense Bar, 2004
- Practical Tips Every DWI Lawyer Should Know, DWI Strategy Seminar, 2004
- What Every Ethical Attorney Should Know About DWI, Criminal Defense Bar, 2005
- Practicing in Fort Bend Courts, Fort Bend County Bar Association, 2005
- DWI – A View From The Bench, DWI 101, 2006
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of Reader’s Choice Award for “Best of Fort Bend Attorney: Best Attorney – Personal Injury”
- Two time recipient of the Houston Bar Association‘s “Outstanding Contribution” award
- Admitted to the College of the State Bar
- Admitted to the Pro Bono College of the State Bar
- Recipient of Beta Theta Pi’s “Worthy of the Highest” award
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Fort Bend Bar Association
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Fort Bend Republican Party
Former General Counsel
- Texas District and County Attorneys Association
Former Civil Board Member
- Fort Bend County Republican Party
Former Precinct Chair – Precinct 4124
Past Employment Positions:
- Judge, Fort Bend County Court at Law #1
- Delinquent Tax Attorney, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP,
- Assistant County Attorney – General Counsel to Commissioners Court, Fort Bend County
- Adjunct Professor of Marketing, University of Houston
- Adjunct Professor of Marketing, Management, Finance and Business Law, Houston Community College,
- Sales Representative, Procter & Gamble
Pro Bono Activities:
- Grand Parkway Baptist Church – Children’s Church Teacher, Church Development Council, Finance Committee, Pastor’s Prayer Partner
- Grand Parkway Baptist Church – Men’s Ministry Leadership Team
- Front Line Ministries – Board of Directors
- Fort Bend Seniors – Meals on Wheels, Former Chairman, Board of Directors
- Tate Center – Former Chairman, Board of Directors
Sugar Land Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you need a lawyer that will fight for your rights and freedom, then Sugar Land Criminal Defense Lawyer, David Hunter is the only attorney you need. Contact (281) 265-1515 today for a free consultation.
Attorney Profile: David Hunter | Sugar Land Criminal Defense Lawyer