A good drug attorney will be able to defend any type of drug possession case, including prescription drugs.
Fast Facts About Prescription Drug Abuse
- More than 15 million Americans abuse prescription drugs
- Prescription drug abuse causes the most deaths from drug overdosing
Depressants, opioids and antidepressants are responsible for more overdose deaths (45%) than cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and amphetamines (39%) combined.
In 2007, the Drug Enforcement Administration found that abuse of the painkiller Fentanyl killed more than 1,000 people that year in the US. It is thirty to fifty times more powerful than heroin.
50% of teens believe that prescription drugs are safer to use than illegal drugs like meth and heroine. And around 70% of them get drugs from their medicine cabinet at home.
It’s obvious that this is a pressing issue that needs to be addressed, and it affects many Americans – young and old. Learn more about drug abuse here.
Consequences of Prescription Drug Conviction
Being convicted of a prescription drug charge can be detrimental, especially in Texas. This is why it’s important to hire an experienced drug attorney in your area, like David Hunter.
Possession of Controlled Substances
- Minimum: 180 days in jail, a fine not to exceed $2,000, or both
- Maximum: 10-99 years or life in prison and a fine not to exceed $250,000
Manufacture or Delivery of Controlled Substances
- Minimum: Up to 2 years jail time and a fine not to exceed $10,000
- Maximum: 15-99 years or life in prison and a fine not to exceed $250,000
What to Do After a Drug Charge
- Be Silent
- Request an Attorney
- Be Completely Honest with Your Drug Attorney
Your Sugar Land drug attorney can possibly reduce your charges significantly, and sometimes even get them dismissed. Make sure you’re totally honest with your lawyer so they can defend you in the best way possible. Having all the information enables them to craft the best defense for your case.
A good drug attorney can help with prescription drug charges regarding:
- and more
More Resources on Drug Charges:
- Investing in a Drug Possession Lawyer is an Investment in Yourself
- A Sugar Land Defense Attorney Can Help with Drug Charges
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Drug Lawyer (Before You’re Charged)
- What Can I Do About a Drug Possession Charge?
- Can a Drug Charges Lawyer Help with a Possession Charge?
- What is Constructive Possession?
Need a Drug Attorney? Contact David Hunter today!
If you’ve been caught with someone else’s prescription – or whatever the case may be – your best bet is to hire an experienced, knowledgeable drug attorney as soon as possible! David Hunter’s experience in front of and behind the bench as a judge gives him an edge over the competition. Schedule your free consultation with drug attorney David Hunter today!
How Drug Attorneys Handle Prescription Drug Charges | The David Hunter Law Firm – Sugar Land, TX